Charlie McCarthy - Flight Pattern.

Posted by Jenn | Posted in , | Posted on Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I have just found a photographer that experiments with long exposures. In one experiment he shot 156 photos of bugs and insects flying around a lamp post, with each photo taken at a 4 second exposure - resulting in lots of bright lines traveling in different directions around this pole.
He then thought it would be a good little experiment to put all of these photographs together at 12 frames per second to create a short film. I admire this film as it shows exposures catching what the naked eye cannot see - I think this relates to my own ideas as I will be using a lot of Blurring techniques made by long exposures, which will create shapes that the naked eye cannot see!

flight patterns from Charlie McCarthy on Vimeo.

Comments (0)