Damien Serban - Email Contact!
Posted by Jenn | Posted in 3rd Year Posts, contact report | Posted on Monday, January 25, 2010
I decided to contact Damien Serban and ask him a couple of questions about his work.
Hello Damien!
My name is Jenny Huddart, and I am in my 3rd and final year of my Moving Image degree in the United Kingdom.
I would just like to say that I have been inspired by some of your pieces of work - especially your experimental pieces, as I aim to work in this area of film. I am drawn to these pieces because they are so unusual and different and I would just like to congratulate you on your success.
I would like to ask though, on average how long would it take you to create those films? And do you collaborate on your experimental films with anyone else?
Thank you for your time Damien!
Jenny Huddart (BA HONS Moving Image) Stockport College, Manchester, UK.
Damien then replied to me a couple of days later
Hi Jenny,
Thank you a lot for your comments ! I really appreciate them and am thrilled that you enjoyed some of my work.
It is hard to say how long I work on a film, it really depends… Silken is maybe the easiest to time because I was fortunate to be produced and therefore work non-stop on it, and it lasted 8 months. Some of my totally abstract pieces are more hard to know because usually I worked on them little by little after work. If you have a particular film you’d like to know how much time I spent on it maybe I can try and tell you, but there is really no “average”.
I collaborate a lot with Yann Bertrand (www.jimflim.com) , mostly I either do the film alone or with him. For the music I also collaborate with Benjamin Holst or Falter Bramnk.
I’d love to see some of your work if you have anything on the internet let me know !
Cheers,
Damien
I am extremely pleased that he managed to reply to me, as I really enjoy watching his films and getting some deeper information about his films.
I aim to keep in contact with this artist and build a professional relationship with him over email contact. This would be good for me to get inside information about this type of video industry from someone who is experiencing it first hand.
Hello Damien!
My name is Jenny Huddart, and I am in my 3rd and final year of my Moving Image degree in the United Kingdom.
I would just like to say that I have been inspired by some of your pieces of work - especially your experimental pieces, as I aim to work in this area of film. I am drawn to these pieces because they are so unusual and different and I would just like to congratulate you on your success.
I would like to ask though, on average how long would it take you to create those films? And do you collaborate on your experimental films with anyone else?
Thank you for your time Damien!
Jenny Huddart (BA HONS Moving Image) Stockport College, Manchester, UK.
Damien then replied to me a couple of days later
Hi Jenny,
Thank you a lot for your comments ! I really appreciate them and am thrilled that you enjoyed some of my work.
It is hard to say how long I work on a film, it really depends… Silken is maybe the easiest to time because I was fortunate to be produced and therefore work non-stop on it, and it lasted 8 months. Some of my totally abstract pieces are more hard to know because usually I worked on them little by little after work. If you have a particular film you’d like to know how much time I spent on it maybe I can try and tell you, but there is really no “average”.
I collaborate a lot with Yann Bertrand (www.jimflim.com) , mostly I either do the film alone or with him. For the music I also collaborate with Benjamin Holst or Falter Bramnk.
I’d love to see some of your work if you have anything on the internet let me know !
Cheers,
Damien
I am extremely pleased that he managed to reply to me, as I really enjoy watching his films and getting some deeper information about his films.
I aim to keep in contact with this artist and build a professional relationship with him over email contact. This would be good for me to get inside information about this type of video industry from someone who is experiencing it first hand.

Comments (0)
Post a Comment