PSYCHO
Posted by Jenn | Posted in 3rd Year Posts, research | Posted on Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Another title sequence by Saul Bass which caught my eye is Psycho. I was attracted to this mainly due to the boldness of it and the crisp grey horizontal and vertical lines which move together with the type into the black space. I especially like the jerky motion of the type which i feel represents the main character in the film, it relates to the psychotic schizophrenia theme. I also think that the grey lines represent what happens at the end of the film - where Norman Bates is put behind bars. Again, the typography is very experimental and playful for that era (1960), and catches the attention of the audience along with the dramatic music and visual aspects of the title sequence, it has drawn a massive audience.

Comments (0)
Post a Comment