JIGSAW VIDEO PRODUCTIONS VISIT!
Posted by Jenn | Posted in | Posted on Saturday, April 25, 2009
On Wednesday morning I went to visit a filming production studio, I have posted older posts about my progress of getting in touch with Justin and accidentally bumping into him on the street.
At first I didn't know what I was really expecting, whether there would be lots of different rooms containing sound equipment or camera equipment etc. But when I got there, it was just one room that had all the equipment in, it was very messy with wires absolutely everywhere!
When I first got there Justin was working on a personal project, and this is when I learnt that he does projects for both the public and for big companies. He charges two different prices, the higher quote being for the companies. He was converting a wedding video to DVD and vamping it up with effects working in Premiere pro.
He has done a few projects for the council, he works for himself so whenever he needs camera man or sound people he has to hire them so that there's a team of them working on this one project. He also hires sound and camera equipment from a company called 'Hammerhead'. All the companies he hires from and works with are all local also.
The council video took two months, working with 'Images For Life' which help with the Cine conversions - Justin used to do the Cine conversions but he now can get other people to do it for him!
Justin does get out of the studio a lot for the street locations when filming for the council and other companies.
The only commercial work that Justin has done is marketing, promoting a service for a particular company. No TV Ads, nothing we would recognise. To help get background information on the companies, he interviews people who use their service, he has currently just finish some interviews with some people who use a learning difficulty service from ages 18-65.
Justin also helped me out with some names of post production companies which are local such as 'KROFI DUEIBA' (That may be spelt wrong!) 'THE TV DEPARTMENT' Both of those companies are in Wilmslow, and also 'SUMNERS' which works with post production in Graphics and is in Manchester.
I spent a good few hours there watching what he was doing, I also showed him some of my own work like my rhythm piece and 3D Channel Ident which he said he was extremely impressed with!
As I was leaving, Justin offered me a job to work for him part time. It isn't a proper job, just helping out to earn some extra cash here and there. I would be doing things like helping to organise everything with the interior of the studio, learn how to convert video to DVD, phone around his clients, and help to edit some pieces.
Im very VERY happy and I am now just waiting for him to get in touch.

Comments (0)
Post a Comment