THE MILL - CONTACT REPLY!!!

Posted by Jenn | Posted in | Posted on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I'm extremely happy!
In one of my earlier posts I talked about a London based company called 'The Mill' who are very well known and produce high standard quality pieces of works.
I sent them an email, asking about a piece they had done involving a Jellyfish, explaining that I had just finished a piece involving a Jellyfish I had made in 3D.

Below is the email I sent to them:

Hello,

My name is Jenny Huddart and I am a Multimedia Student. I have just been looking at your 'Hutchinson 3' campaign which involves the jellyfish you did in 2004.

I am extremely impressed with the modeling of the creature, and is very similar to the jellyfish I have just created for a brief in Maya.

We had 4 weeks to work on a 10 second 3D channel ident by ourselves, and the question i wanted to ask is how long it took your guys to answer the Hutchinson brief? And how many designers worked on it altogether?

Thank you for your time.

Jenny Huddart: BA(Hons) Multimedia at Stockport College, Manchester.


And here is their reply:

Hi Jenny,

I’d love to say ours was all 3d but it was in fact mostly a live action model made by Stan Winston’s. What we did create though were extra 3d tentacles that animate out in one or two of the interior shots. I think from memory we had a team of four animators working on the project and one Flame guy doing the compositing. Most of the far backgrounds were replaced. I think the cityscapes were added in through the interior windows as well.

Why not send us a link to some of your work, it would be good to see?

Thanks,

Stephen

stephen venning

3d executive producer

the mill

stephenv@the-mill.com

mproducers@the-mill.com

www.the-mill.com

t: +44 (0)207 287 4041

f: +44 (0)207 743 8315


I am very VERY excited that they would like to see some of my work! I think the best thing i should do though, is wait until I have my flash website up and running showing the majority of all my work - The deadline for the brief of creating this website is the 8th May, so I think I should wait until I can send them the link to that.

Comments (1)

I think you are right, wait till May. Make sure you send it as a reply to their email so they can read back through the messages.