Everyday People - Spencer Tunick

Posted by Jenn | Posted in , , | Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2010


All the information about this exhibition is on this website:
http://www.thelowry.com/events/everyday-people/the-exhibition/
'Over one remarkable weekend in May, Tunick will make a series of photographs and a new film of his multiple-site installation in Salford and Manchester. Volunteers will be taken, via a caravan of heated buses, to eight locations over the weekend of 1 - 2 May and asked to pose naked while Tunick creates the installation. The resulting photographic and film work will the be shown at The Lowry from 12 June - 26 September as part of the exhibition, Everyday People.'
I have signed up to be a volunteer for this installation on the 2nd May. The reason why I have done this is because I feel as though it would boost my self-confidence, and to say that I have been a part of a massive art installation like this one, I know i would look back and think of how brave I must have been, but also, that I would be part of a piece of art work. The idea of that really appeals to me!
I received an email off The Lowry yesterday asking if I would like to participate in giving interviews to newspapers, magazines, radio and TV press, and to give them my story of why I joined in with this installation and tell them my experience of taking part over the summer.
This is the email I sent back to them:
'Hello!
My name is Jenny Huddart, and I am just about to graduate from a 'Moving Image' Degree which I do at Stockport College.
The reason why I would like to take part in this installation, is because it would definitely boost my self-confidence and to say that I have been a part of this big art installation is just amazing to think of!

I work with experimental/abstract short films, I would like to show my work in Galleries, or at film festivals depending on which piece is suited for which area. For one of my pieces of work I looked at the motion of the natural body, and filmed a Nude volunteer. It was one of the best experiences throughout my degree work as I felt so comfortable getting the angles of the body that I needed. When I filmed my model, I was always thinking, she is so brave, I could never do this! I feel as though Spencer Tunick has given me (and everyone else involved) the opportunity to be part of something dramatic.

I have had diabetes for nearly 21 years now, I am 22 years old. I haven't let it stop me from doing what I want to do. There have been obstacles and setbacks, but I have always managed to get past them and follow through with the things I want to do. Every college trip I have been on, Berlin and New York I had hypo's, but the most recent trip to London we had I didn't have one, even though I was expecting it! It made me realise I can overcome my condition if I control it and put my mind to it. London was a very important trip for me, networking and meeting up with design agencies and other artists to show them my work.

I would also like to do interviews for the press (Newspapers and magazines), and maybe mention that my end of year degree show is open in June at Stockport College. The preview night is Friday 4th June, and is open for the following week 7th-11th June.

Thank you for reading!

Jenny

Jenny Huddart. BA (HONS) Moving Image. 3rd Year. Stockport College. Manchester.'

I basically thought that by being part of this installation it would give me the perfect chance to get my name known out there, and to promote Stockport College's end of year degree show!
They still need to email back, and give out information on where to meet and times etc, but i do think if they allow me to do interviews it will give me the perfect chance to help promote my end of year degree show and encourage artists and designers etc to come and see the work we have produced. At this moment in time, I' feel alright about it, but I know that as the time draws closer I will become more and more nervous and scared! I just hope i get over that fear.....



Comments (0)